Sixth International Contemporary Art Fair
Dates: 25 – 28, JUNE
Place: LITEXPO – Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre, Laisvės av. 5, Vilnius
International contemporary art fair ArtVilnius’15 will offer inquisitive visitors, collectors and professionals a broad art review which appears to be even more abundant than the last year. ArtVilnius’15 will host 52 galleries from 15 countries of the world. The main focus in ArtVilnius’15 will be on one country – Ukraine and its contemporary art galleries.
During the Fair, art lovers will be offered an intensive programme and special art projects.
- As in the previous year, Lewben Art Foundation will represent their private contemporary art collection.
- We are delighted to announce that Lithuanian Modern Art Center will also present their private collection.
- “PinchukArtCentre” – an international centre for contemporary art of the 21st century from Kiev – in ArtVilnius’15 will present their private collection.
- Contemporary video art festival Videonale will join ArtVilnius’15 with a new programme to celebrate its 30th anniversary. In addition to presenting established international artists like Dara Birnbaum, Keren Cytter, Gary Hill, Christian Jankowski, Marcel Odenbach and Bill Viola, Videonale particularly focuses on the promotion of aspiring young artists.
- The spaces of the art fair will shelter a large-sized exhibition of sculptures, exhibitions of objects and installations Takas (The Path).
- In addition, Lithuanian artist Vladimiras Tarasovas will create a large-size video installation “The 1960s”.
- Ukrainian artist Mykyta Shalennyi will bring to the Fair installation project “Syberia” which aims at highlighting the issue which is usually not to be discussed.
- Russian artist Marina Koldobskaya in ArtVilnius’15 will present wall painting open session, uncovering the delight of a creative act itself.
ARTVILNIUS is offering not only a wide selection of contemporary artworks, but also a lot of important additional events. Among the most important ones is the selection of the best young artist, the best artist and the best gallery by the panel of judges and visitors. The Art Fair also offers a programme of parallel events such as conferences, discussions, workshops and various events offered by guest galleries.
THE MISSION OF ARTVILNIUS
The main mission of ARTVILNIUS is to promote a wider spread of contemporary art and contribute to the extension of the international art market that should bridge East and West. Visitors and art collectors of the annual art fair have a unique chance not only to explore a broad panorama of contemporary art; they also have a singular opportunity to make useful contacts and learn the names of largely unseen young artists. The organisers and participants of the Art Fair have been for several years reflecting the latest trends in the art field that are acceptable both to visitors and buyers, presenting them modern and academic painting styles, multi-layer pictorial paintings, post-intellectual humorous “salt”, and unpretentious virtuosity in the spaces of ARTVILNIUS.
Patron of the art fair – Vilnius City Municipality
Main sponsor of the art fair – Lithuanian Council for Culture
Special partner – Lewben Art Foundation
Main partner of the art fair – Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO